Friday, August 24, 2012

Gladness



You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; 
you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,  
that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent.
Oh Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!
Psalm 30:11-12 (ESV)

Last month we got to visit Bellingham, my hometown.  When I moved from this place, I felt like a piece of my heart was severed from who I am.  So, when Dustin and I, and the kids, visited both the physical place of Bellingham, and "my people" who live in Bellingham, it was like balm to a wound--a wound that is more or less healed now, but still scarred and itchy sometimes.

We visited one of the San Juan Islands and my dad made a drum from a drift wood log on the beach...and soon, we were dancing in a Pacific Northwest sunset.

No comments: