Sunday, January 25, 2009


Last Saturday I had the fun of spending the day in Seattle with my dear friend Rebecca Jones. We roamed all over downtown together in the January sun, had time to laugh, chit chat, and catch up. We even went to Nordstrom to look for a pair of shoes for an upcoming event in which Becky is to take part. I felt very unsophisticated at this store, wearing REI, toting an infant in a carseat, and a two year old bolting this way and that. Plus, Steve Madden was there...THE Steve Madden shoe guy sporting a dorky pair of faded jeans atop a pair of pointy black shiny shoes. I have one pair of pumps. They are black. They are Steve Madden. This personal fact made it a little interesting to see the designer in person.

It was also interesting to browse the clearance rack at Nordstrom. I saw a sign advertising "50-60% off original prices"--an advertisement to which I am drawn like dust to a ceiling fan. I found a shoe I liked the look of...but it was a little out of my price range, even with the discount ($369.00 after 60% off).



Jillian and I had lots of fun while Becky modeled shoes. We rode escalators, elevators (a thrill for Jilly who found them to make her dizzy...which made her want to ride them over and over). Jillian also got to get a make-over at bareescentuals.




While I was feeling unsophisticated in Nordstrom, Dustin was experiencing the opposite feeling while hanging out with Elias, Elijah and Makaio. Dustin and Elijah took their boys to just about the ultimate Father/Son event ever: Monster Jam. They had a great time, and Monster Trucks are now ranked as fun to play with as Lightning McQueen Pixar Cars at our house.
It was a fun weekend.

No comments: